[quassel-announce] Another important update: Quassel 0.9.2 has been released!

Manuel Nickschas sputnick at quassel-irc.org
Tue Nov 26 23:20:31 CET 2013

Hi all,

the last update in the 0.9.x series has been released only a few weeks ago,
and now it's already time for another one.  Go grab the tarball directly at
[1], or check our downloads page [2]. We also have a static core again!

Besides various bugfixes (among those, Phonon notifications play sound
again!), and a bunch of new and improved translations, the main reason for
this one is, unfortunately, another vulnerability: with a carefully
manipulated client, you can retrieve the backlog of other users on the
quasselcore you're using. Proper authentication is still needed, so this will
only affect people who allow untrusted and malicious users on their shared
core. Still, an upgrade is highly recommended.

If you happen to be a distro packager, please be advised to backport (i.e.
simply apply) [3] and, if you haven't done so yet since the release of 0.9.1,
[4] to your packages, if you can't bump them to 0.9.2 for release process
reasons.

Well, here's hoping that next time we won't have that sense of urgency again
:)

Have a nice day, and happy updating,
~ Sput

[1] <http://quassel-irc.org/pub/quassel-0.9.2.tar.bz2>
[2] <http://quassel-irc.org/downloads>
[3] <https://github.com/quassel/quassel/commit/1fc8eb5>
[4] <https://github.com/quassel/quassel/commit/aa1008b>
--
Manuel "Sputnick" Nickschas ("Sput" on Freenode)                  |  (o<
Member of the Quassel IRC Project - http://quassel-irc.org        |  //\