Quassel for Ubuntu phone

Christian Dywan christian at twotoasts.de
Fri Jun 3 22:44:40 CEST 2016

Hey Leo,

Late reply, but I am working on an Ubuntu Phone/ QML client. I pushed
an initial version which is able to display messages in a QML-based
view.

https://github.com/kalikiana/quassel/tree/ubuntu

The way I did it, the new USE_QML build switch swaps out
qtui/clientsupport for qmlui. The folder src/qmlui/ubuntu contains all
the QML which is using Ubuntu.Components. If there is interest it
should be straight-forward add alternatives such as QtQuick.Controls or
qml-material since the C++ uses nothing Quassel already doesn't use.

The repository is incidentally based on 0.12.4, which obviously isn't
helpful for eventual merging but I wanted a version that can be used in
production.

Warm regards,
    Christian