how to clear display state?

Oege de Moor oege at semmle.com
Tue Mar 18 07:10:42 CET 2014

I'm using Quassel client 0.9.2 on a macbook air with OS X 10.9.1.

Somehow (I think through using whole screen mode with an external
monitor) it has gotten into a state where athere are a bunch of loose
undocked windows visible, but not the actual chat window. I have been
unable to make this re-appear by fiddling with the settings.

I have attempted to re-install the client, and I have deleted

/Users/oege/Library/Saved Application State/org.quassel-irc.client.savedState

as well as

/Users/oege/Library/Library/Application Support/Quassel

But the display problems remain.

How do I clear the display state so I can get back to normal
behaviour? My preference would be to start with an entirely clean
installation.

Many thanks for your advice!